February 11, with shows at 12 noon, 2pm, 5pm and 7pm, with a chance for audiences to see the new Academy Award nominees in the categories of Best Live Action Short Film and Best Animated Short Film. This represents the 12th consecutive year that Shorts HD and Magnolia Pictures present this special theatrical experience, which has become a perennial hit with audiences around the world. The cost is $14 per screening or $24 for both. Don't miss your only opportunity to watch the nominated shorts before the 89th Annual Academy Awards which takes place later this month. For Hamptons International Film Festival members please contact the Box Office for your tickets at 641-725-9500.
ANIMATED SHORTS (Running Time: 87 minutes) (good for kids 8 and up, except for the final film)
https://vimeopro.com/shortstv/2017-oscar-nominated-shorts-animation (password: 20170sc4rANINoms)
1. Borrowed Time – dirs. Andrew Coats and Lou Hamou-Lhadj, USA, 7 minutes
2. Pearl – dir. Patrick Osborne, USA, 6 minutes
3. Piper – dir. Alan Barillaro, USA, 6 minutes
4. Blind Vaysha – dir. Theodore Ushev, Canada, 8 minutes
5. The Head Vanishes (additional film) – 9 minutes
6. Asteria (additional film) – 5 minutes
7. Once Upon a Line (additional film) – 7 minutes
8. Pear Cider and Cigarettes – dir. Robert Valley, Canada and UK, 35 minutes
Important note: PEAR CIDER AND CIGARETTES, one of the five nominees, will be the last film in the program. An inventively animated first-person narration about a troubled friendship, there’s violence, language, sex, and drug use in it, and it’s not appropriate for children. We’ll have a warning card come up prior to this short, so that parents and caregivers can usher children out of the theater if they’d like.
LIVE ACTION (130 MIN)
1. Sing – dir. Kristof Deak, Hungary, 25 minutes
2. Silent Nights – dir. Aske Bang, Denmark, 30 minutes
3. Timecode – dir. Juanjo Gimenez Pena, Spain, 15 minutes
4. Ennemis Interieurs – dir. Selim Aazzazi, France, 28 minutes
5. La Femme et la TGV – dir. Timo von Gunten, Switzerland, 30 minutes
The schedule for February 11th will be as follows:
A. 12:00 PM Animated (approx. 90min)
B. 2:00 PM Live-Action (approx. 120min)
A. 5:00 PM Animated (approx. 90min)
B. 7:00 PM Live-Action (approx. 120min)
The Hamptons International Film Festival will also have additional screenings of films in March and April. Log on to http://hamptonsfilmfest.org for more information.