Bay Street Theater & the Sag Harbor Center for the Arts is a year-round, not-for-profit, LORT C professional theater and community cultural center located on the Long Wharf in Sag Harbor which endeavors to innovate, educate, and entertain a diverse community through the practice of the performing arts. We serve as a social and cultural gathering place, an educational resource, and a home for a community of artists.
Bay Street Theater seeks a Development Associate to serve as a key member of the Development team. Supervised by and working directly with the Director of Development, the ideal candidate will have strong computer skills including experience with fundraising databases (PatronManager or Salesforce preferred) and a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Powerpoint. . Solid interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated excellence in writing, editing, and research also required. Additionally, candidates will be highly organized with attention to detail, and able to work effectively in a fast paced team environment. A sense of humor a must. Qualified candidates will have at least three years of relevant experience in fundraising in a related field. Performing arts experience a plus.
· All aspects of gift processing, data entry, and maintenance of PatronManager CRM including adding and updating new donor information, pledges, gifts and payments, and qualifying all contacts.
· Run all reports needed for membership renewals, appeals, special events, financials, etc.
· Draft solicitation, renewal, and appeal letters
· Write and proof all gift acknowledgements and tax receipts
· Manage house seat requests for all Board, Patrons, and VIPs
· Lead calling campaign for all opening nights
· Coordinate invitations to dress rehearsals and other events connected with the Mainstage season
· Ensure proper crediting in Playbills and all collateral
· Research potential corporate, government, and foundation funders
· Write and edit grant proposals in collaboration with the Director of Development
· Maintain grant calendar including proposal and report deadlines
· Assist with the planning and implementation of special events throughout the year including but not limited to opening nights, member and cultivation events, Spring Benefit, Gala
· Lead the auction process for summer gala, including item acquisition, formatting of auction website, and post-event acknowledgement and fulfillment
Other responsibilities and duties as assigned. Occasional evening and weekends required.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Start date January 9, 2016.
Posted: November 30, 2016 in Support